I Tried Open Secret Veggie Chips: Beetroot, Pumpkin & Spinach Review

Open Secret Un-Junked Veggie Chips in Beetroot, Pumpkin and Spinach flavour, shown in a blue packet with vegetable imagery; Zepto product image similar to the pack received.
Product image from Zepto showing Open Secret Un-Junked Veggie Chips in Beetroot, Pumpkin & Spinach. The packaging shown is similar to the pack I received.

I tried the Open Secret Veggie Chips — Beetroot, Pumpkin & Spinach on July 8, 2026, after buying a 40 g pack from Zepto for ₹50.

I had been curious about these because I've always liked the idea of having a snack made with actual vegetables rather than just eating another regular potato-based snack. What made this particular pack even more interesting was that it combined three vegetables in one pack: beetroot, pumpkin and spinach.

So instead of having to decide which vegetable-based flavour to try first, I could try all three at once.

And honestly? I liked them.

There are a few things I think could be improved, particularly the texture, spice level and price, but overall this was one snack I was happy to finish.

What Are Open Secret Veggie Chips?

The pack I bought was the Beetroot, Pumpkin & Spinach variety from Open Secret.

According to the ingredient information on the product, it contains:

  • Fresh beetroot pulp

  • Fresh pumpkin pulp

  • Fresh spinach pulp

  • Urad dal flour

  • Tapioca starch

  • Rice bran oil

  • Salt

  • Spices and condiments

The packaging also states that the product is:

  • Baked

  • Made with no added preservatives

  • Free from artificial colours/dyes

  • Free from artificial flavours

  • Non-GMO

  • Made without palm oil

  • High in fibre

  • Zero trans fat

The product may contain allergens including soybeans, mustard, sesame, peanuts and tree nuts, so anyone with food allergies should check the package carefully before eating it.

My First Impression

The packaging immediately stood out to me.

The packet has a more premium appearance than the plastic packaging I usually associate with everyday snacks. It felt sturdy and well made rather than flimsy.

The design is also quite attractive, and I liked that the packaging clearly presents the product as a vegetable-based snack.

At ₹50 for 40 g, though, I wouldn't call it a cheap snack. It definitely feels like a more premium option compared with everyday snacks such as Lay's or Kurkure.

Three Vegetables in One Pack — A Great Idea

One of my favourite things about this product is actually the mix of three vegetables.

Before buying it, I was wondering which vegetable variety I should try. Beetroot? Pumpkin? Spinach?

This solved that problem completely.

Instead of buying three separate packs, I could try all three in one.

And now I have a better idea of which vegetable-based flavour I might want to buy again.

I think this is a genuinely clever idea for anyone who is curious about vegetable snacks but isn't sure which flavour they'll enjoy.

How Did They Taste?

The taste was really good overall.

The combination of the different vegetable flavours makes the snack more interesting than a plain chip. I could distinguish the different varieties while eating them, and I enjoyed having all three in the same packet.

The seasoning was also noticeable.

My only complaint is that I think they could have been a little less spicy. The flavour itself worked well for me, but reducing the spice slightly could make them more approachable for people who prefer milder snacks.

Still, taste-wise, I had no major complaints.

In fact, I finished the entire 40 g pack in one day.

The Texture: Good, But Harder Than Expected

This is where I think Open Secret could improve the product.

The chips are harder than I expected.

When I think of chips, I usually expect something that breaks and crunches easily when I bite into it. These required a little more effort to chew.

They weren't impossible to eat, but they were noticeably harder than the typical chips I am used to.

I'd personally love to see the texture made slightly lighter and easier to break and munch.

That small change could make the snack much more enjoyable, especially for people who like casually snacking without having to work through a particularly hard chip.

A Small Note About Eating Them

The chips are relatively dry, and because they are a fibre-containing snack, I personally wouldn't want to eat a large quantity of them at once.

If you already have digestive or constipation-related concerns, it's sensible to pay attention to how your body responds and eat snacks like this in moderation.

For me, the bigger issue wasn't that I couldn't eat them — I finished the whole pack — but that they aren't the kind of snack I'd want to continuously munch on in large quantities.

Is It Actually a "Guilt-Free" Snack?

I liked the ingredient profile and the fact that the product is made without palm oil.

The use of vegetable pulp, urad dal flour and rice bran oil makes it feel different from many conventional packaged snacks.

However, I wouldn't personally treat any packaged snack as something you can eat without limits simply because it has a healthier-sounding ingredient list.

For me, the appeal is that this feels like a better-for-me snack option that is still enjoyable, rather than something I'd consider a substitute for eating vegetables normally.

And that's an important distinction.

The Packaging Is Surprisingly Good

The packet quality deserves a mention.

Compared with the thin plastic packets used by many mainstream snack brands, this one feels much more durable and premium.

It doesn't feel like the kind of packet that will easily tear or collapse in your bag.

The overall presentation also fits the premium price point.

So while I think ₹50 for 40 g is somewhat expensive, the packaging at least feels consistent with the positioning of the product.

How Much Did I Like It?

Quite a lot, actually.

I bought this on the same day that I bought the 4700BC Himalayan Salt Pretzel Knots that I reviewed separately.

The difference in my experience was pretty noticeable.

The Open Secret Veggie Chips were something I actually finished.

They weren't addictive in the sense that I immediately wanted another packet, but they were enjoyable enough that I had no problem eating the whole pack.

That's a good sign for me.

What I Liked

  • Three vegetable varieties in one pack

  • Good overall taste

  • Made with beetroot, pumpkin and spinach pulp

  • No palm oil

  • Baked rather than fried

  • No artificial colours/dyes according to the packaging

  • No artificial flavours according to the packaging

  • Premium-feeling packaging

  • Convenient way to try three flavours together

  • I finished the entire 40 g pack

What Could Be Better

  • The chips are harder than typical chips

  • They could be slightly easier to bite and break

  • I found the seasoning a little too spicy

  • ₹50 for 40 g feels expensive

  • The snack is quite dry, so I wouldn't want to eat a large quantity at once

Would I Buy Them Again?

Yes, I would consider buying them again.

The biggest reason is the three-in-one concept.

I don't have to buy beetroot, pumpkin and spinach versions separately just to figure out which one I like. This pack lets me try all three together.

And if I discover that I particularly like one of them, I can always buy that variety separately next time.

That's actually one of the smartest things about this product.

Where Can You Buy Open Secret Veggie Chips?

I bought my pack from Zepto for ₹50, but prices can vary depending on the platform and location.

I also found an Amazon listing for the Open Secret Beetroot Veggie Chips:

👉 Check the Open Secret Beetroot Veggie Chips on Amazon

I couldn't find the exact mixed Beetroot, Pumpkin & Spinach pack I tried listed separately when I checked.

There is also a Rakhi snack pack that includes Open Secret veggie chip varieties, including the mixed vegetable option:

👉 Check the Open Secret snack pack on Amazon

Affiliate disclosure: Some links in this article are Amazon affiliate links. If you purchase through one of these links, I may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.

⭐ My Rating: 8/10

Taste:                       ⭐⭐⭐⭐☆

Ingredients:           ⭐⭐⭐⭐½

Texture:                  ⭐⭐⭐½☆

Packaging:              ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Value for money:  ⭐⭐⭐½☆

Overall:                   ⭐⭐⭐⭐☆

My Final Verdict

Open Secret Veggie Chips — Beetroot, Pumpkin & Spinach are a good snack with a few things that could be improved.

I genuinely liked the concept of combining three vegetables in one pack. The taste was good, the ingredient list was appealing to me, the packaging felt premium, and I actually finished the entire packet.

My biggest complaints are the hard texture, slightly excessive spice and relatively high price.

If the chips were a little easier to chew and the price was slightly lower, I'd have very little to complain about.

At ₹50 for 40 g, I wouldn't call them an everyday budget snack.

But if you're curious about vegetable-based chips and want to try something different, I'd say they're worth trying at least once.

And honestly, the three-in-one format is pretty clever.

Now that I've tried all three varieties together, I don't have to spend money buying three different packs just to figure out which vegetable flavour I prefer. 😄

My verdict: 4/5 — a tasty and interesting one-time try, especially if you're looking for a vegetable-based snack. 🥬🥕🍠.

Have You Tried Open Secret Veggie Chips?

Have you tried the Beetroot, Pumpkin & Spinach variety or any of Open Secret's other snacks?

I'd love to know which flavour you liked the most.

And if you've tried these chips, what did you think about the texture? Were they also harder than you expected?


Related Review

I bought these on the same day as the 4700BC Himalayan Salt Pretzel Knots, which I also reviewed.

👉 Read my 4700BC Himalayan Salt Pretzel Knots review

Comments

  1. Wow , want to try this also sometime 😁😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice review , it perfectly depicts th best chips to try. Of all the chips available on market this one is actually better than them in health matter.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Tried Rambutan for the First Time — Here's What Surprised Me

I Tried Sushi for the First Time So You Don't Have To 🍣

How to Start a Digital Product Business with $0 Using Payhip (Beginner Guide)